On this episode of HomeTech: We explore the current state of remote systems management (RSM). Not long ago, four major players existed in the market—BakPak (Control4), Domotz, Ihiji, and OvrC (SnapAV). Control4, who acquired Ihiji back in 2018, has now merged with SnapAV, potentially bringing a market of four RSM platforms down to two. What will this consolidation mean for the future of remote tech support? What can be done to take this category to the next level? Tune in to get our take.
That plus the latest headlines including: Lutron announces a clever new product to work with Hue lighting. Savant rolls out HomeKit support ahead of LightFair. Samsung reportedly working on a smaller Galaxy Home. The U.S. might blacklist China’s Hikvision (and why this is a big freakin’ deal). Marantz and Denon roll out new receivers with built-in RSM software. And more…
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- HomeTech Headlines
- Lutron announces new Aurora dimmer for Hue lights - 9to5Mac
- Lutron Aurora Could Be The Best Hue Accessory Ever
- Savant rolls out HomeKit support including circuit breaker control
- A smaller Samsung Galaxy Home leaks through FCC filings
- Resideo Acquires Whisker Labs to Bolster Its Smart Home Offerings
- The US is reportedly considering blacklisting Chinese surveillance tech firm Hikvision
- Dahua OEM Directory
- Hikvision OEM Directory
- Marantz, Denon Each Roll Out Pair of New A/V Receivers
- Control4, SnapAV CEO Interviews: Analyzing the Home Automation Merger
- Pic of the Week