On this episode of HomeTech: We take a deep dive into Alphabet’s decision to bring Google Home, Nest, Chromecast, and Google WiFi all under a new unified brand, Google Nest. Additionally, we discuss the controversial decision made as part of this merger to kill off the Works with Nest program, bringing an end to many popular third-party integrations. What do these moves mean for the company, consumers, and for home tech pros alike?
That, plus: Echo and Google Home Mother’s Day deals. Amazon and Blink team up to launch a new wireless outdoor security camera. A first look at the AirPlay 2 and HomeKit integrations on new Vizio TVs. A look at the new Nest Hub Max 10-inch smart display. And more…
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- HomeTech Headlines
- Amazon Echo and Google Home Devices Mother's Day Deals | Digital Trends
- Amazon and Blink Join Forces With the Blink XT2 Wireless Security Cam | Digital Trends
- First Look: AirPlay 2 & HomeKit on a Vizio SmartCast TV - YouTube
- New Tablo OTA DVR Feature: Automatic Commercial Skip
- Nest Hub Max: Google debuts 10-inch Assistant smart display for $230
- Google and Nest combine into a new smart home brand
- Google Ends 'Works With Nest': What It Means For You
- What’s happening at Nest?
- Google Nest: welcome to the helpful home
- Control4 Responds to Google’s Ending of “Works with Nest” Program - Residential Systems
- Josh.ai on Twitter
- Pick of the Week