On this week's episode of HomeTech: Jason and Seth take a deep dive into Plex, a market-leading media server solution. From exploring the Plex's origins as an answer to XBMC for Mac users to its rapidly expanding functionality as a live TV DVR solution with Plex Pass, this solution has clearly come a long way. For anyone considering alternatives for locally-stored, streaming, or live TV, this episode is a can't miss.
- LifeDoor, a Kickstarter project that could save lives
- TP-Link's new mesh router can also control smart home devices
- Amazon's new delivery service, Hub, aims at apartment dwellers
- Vivint launches new Google Home integrations
- Thoughts on Amazon's new Fire TV Cube
- And much more...
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Smart door attachment slows house fires with devilishly simple technique
- Flo Technologies Introduces HomeProtect Water Damage Reimbursment Program
- Google Home can now handle up to three commands at once
- TP-Link’s new mesh router can control smart home gadgets
- No doorman to receive your delivery? With Hub by Amazon, that is not a problem
- Vivint smart home products are now all voice-enabled with Google Assistant
- Episode 112 - Smart Home as a Service w/ Jeff Lyman of Vivint
- Amazon's Fire TV Cube squeezes an Echo into its set-top box
- Plex's grid guide gives cord cutters a traditional TV look
- HDHomeRun - Watch TV anywhere in your home
- Plex Media Server
- Antennas Direct | TV Transmitter Locator and Mapping Tool
- Bubble Guppies on Nick Jr.