On this week's episode of HomeTech: We are joined by Mitch Klein, Executive Director of the Z-Wave Alliance for an in-depth conversation about the technology and what is new with the alliance. Long a stalwart in the connected home, Mitch discusses what makes the technology so appealing to end-users, installers, and service providers alike. Additionally we explore some recent developments, particularly in the area of cybersecurity, that the alliance is focused on as they look to maintain their dominant position in the worldwide connected home market.
That plus... we belatedly celebrate 3-years of HomeTech! AWS sneezes and half the internet gets a flu. Jason has another tactile control product to drool over. And an spirited chat about the future of TV sparked by YouTube's new offering for cord cutters.
Fan of the podcast? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Amazon Might Have Picked the Wrong Day to Celebrate AWSome Day
- Amazon Web Services outage reveals critical lack of redundancy across the internet
- Should connected products come with an expiration date?
- Turn Touch — Beautiful Smart Home Control by Samuel Clay — Kickstarter
- YouTube TV - Watch & DVR Live Sports, Shows & News
- YouTube launches its own streaming TV service
- Mossberg: TV is changing, but not fast enough
- Comcast to bring YouTube app and content to Xfinity X1 box, expanding streaming push
- Interviewz: Z-Wave Alliance