On this week's episode of HomeTech: Seth and Jason sit down for some spirited discussion about the forces at play in the middle market for home technology. Established companies like Savant, Crestron, and Control4 have formed a consensus and are "racing to the top" with their collective focus on luxury solutions. Meanwhile, inexpensive DIY platforms such as HomeKit are maturing at a steady pace. So, where does this leave the traditional CEDIA integrator? Tune in to hear our thoughts...
That plus... rumors of a new Sonos product, finally! - but will it be worth the wait? A truly novel approach to the TV experience from a startup called Caavo - but will it catch-on? Visio gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar. And just how much does a HomeKit-outfitted house cost?
Fan of the podcast? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Sonos Playbase Nears Release
- Sonos Playbase could be the company's next 'big' thing, leak reveals
- The Caavo streaming box is built on game-changing machine vision for TV - The Verge
- What Vizio was doing behind the TV screen | Federal Trade Commission
- Vizio Settles With FTC For $2.2 Million Over TV Snooping Claims
- Just how expensive is a HomeKit house? Here’s my estimation | 9to5Mac
- Control4 CEO Martin Plaehn on… the Journey to 2022
- Control4 Announces Record 2016 Revenues of $208.8M - CE Pro
- Savant CEO Bob Madonna Sets the Record Straight - CE Pro
- Savant Refocuses on Luxury Market Under Bob Madonna
- Amazon’s smart home consult figured out how to connect a 50-year-old thermostat
- The Smart Home Show - Mike Invites An Amazon Smart Home Consultant Into His Home
- Look Inside Part DIY, Part HelloTech Media Room Project