On this week's episode of HomeTech: We are joined by Bruno Napoli, Founder of Krika and long time friend of the show. Bruno joins us to discuss a recent blog post of his that has home technology professionals all over the world engaged in a raging debate about the future of the industry. Bruno's post outlines his strong opinions about what the efforts of GAFA (Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon) in the smart home mean to traditional home technology companies. And our interview with him is easily the most spirited conversation we've had in 3+ years of doing the show. It's not to be missed!
That plus... The wait for Siri-in-a-Can may finally be coming to an end. Alexa will soon be able to whisper sweet nothings. Ecobee getting in position to dominate the smart TStat game. Savant is back! And more...
Fan of the podcast? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Siri In A Can Coming in June?
- Inside Tim Cook's Apple HomeKit-equipped smart home
- Amazon’s latest Alexa feature makes it sound more human than ever
- The Ecobee4 is the new smart thermostat to beat (Nest who?) - CNET
- Even cooler -- incoming ecobee ligtht switch that doubles as a room sensor and Echo Dot!
- Savant Unveils Music Server, Controller, Software Upgrades
- Krika at CEDIA interview
- Opinion: GAFA Spells Doom for Traditional A/V and Smart-Home Specialists
- Why GAFA’s Interest in the Smart Home Actually Presents Significant Opportunity
- Interview: Bruno Napoli from Krika