On this episode of HomeTech: We discuss Control4’s recent acquisition of NEEO including what’s in it for both companies, the end of the road for the DIY product, and what else the future may hold.
That plus the latest headlines including: Nest, Justin Bieber, and the case for unique passwords. UltraViolet’s inevitable demise is upon us. Aereo got sued out of existence but Locast won’t let that deter them. JoshAI’s sleek new multizone control arrives. Roku in talks to add AirPlay 2 support. And much more…
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- HomeTech Headlines
- Nest reminds owners to secure their cameras after creepy scares
- UltraViolet due to shut down at the end of July
- UltraViolet Faces Its Inevitable Death. Now What? | The Digital Media Zone
- Locast, a Free App Streaming Network TV, Would Love to Get Sued
- Hulu will soon show users ads when videos are paused
- Roku in Talks With Apple About AirPlay 2 Support
- Apple TV finally gets X-Ray support for Amazon Prime Video
- FuboTV becomes the second live TV service to integrate with Apple’s TV app
- Josh.ai’s First Voice Control for Multisource, Multizone A/V Finally Arrives
- Why Control4 Bought Neeo; EOL Clarity on DIY Remote Control
- Control4 Acquires NEEO Remote Control
- Pick of the Week