On this week's episode of HomeTech: Some updates for the cord-cutters including 60 fps service from Hulu, new channels (and a slight price increase) for YouTube TV users, and a streaming device roundup. Thoughts on the Caavo box that has everyone talking. A 21st century take on "help, I've fallen and I can't get up". Seth's verdict from a week with the HomePod. And much more...
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Pic of the Week: Homeplay on Instagram: “This TV has a trick..."
- Video Streaming Devices - Reviews
- Hulu lost $920M in 2017, with more losses to come, analyst says
- It’s here: Hulu with Live TV, now testing in 60FPS. - r/Hulu
- YouTube TV Adding Turner Channels (and raising prices)
- Apple TV app gains promised News section first shown in September
- Caavo's spendy universal remote system does a lot -- just not enough
- Caavo review: the future of remotes, a little too soon
- Google Assistant Gets ‘Help’ Command for ‘Smart Senior Living’
- HomePod Supplemental
- Head to head, does the Apple HomePod really sound the best?
- Consumer Reports: HomePod audio quality ‘very good’ but Google Home Max & Sonos One sound better
- Apple admits HomePod may leave white ring on wood surfaces, recommends using elsewhere
- HomePod review: Sounds great but limited information and home control
- Apple HomePod Review: It Only Sounds Great