On this week's episode of HomeTech: What "OK Google" hacks show us about the challenge of wake words. Lutron continues their consumer market penetration with a new Caseta integration. Amazon takes their Echo integrations to a whole new level. Bose on the receiving end of a ludicrous lawsuit. Logitech Pop buttons get a HomeKit integration. The significance of embedded Sling TV in LG's displays. The staggering amounts of money being spent on original video content by OTT providers. And much more...
PS - Don't forget to head over to our new "Projects" page to let us know what you're working on, and you could be featured on a future episode of the podcast!
Fan of the podcast? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- HomeTech Projects Project
- Google shuts down Burger King's cunning TV ad | The Verge
- Google may combine Home and Wi-Fi hub into a single product
- Google Home gets Caseta
- Amazon Opens Echo Voice-Processing Tech to Third-Party Mfgs.
- The Ecobee4 thermostat will come with integrated Alexa controls - The Verge
- Bose ‘Wiretaps’ Users, Mines Personal Data from Wireless Headphone App, Lawsuit Alleges - CE Pro
- Logitech’s customizable Pop buttons can now be connected to Apple’s HomeKit
- Fibaro Brings New Premium Consumer Smart Home Hub with Compatible Key Fob to the U.S.
- Sling TV becomes the first live TV streaming service on LG’s Smart TVs
- Roku signs multiyear licensing deal with Tivo, but the long-term goal is murky
- Comcast Is Planning a Netflix Rival Using NBC Shows
- Hulu’s live TV service rumored to cost $39.99 per month
- Why Amazon is spending $4.5B on video this year — and how it compares to competitors like Netflix