On this week's episode of HomeTech: We're joined once again by good friend of the show Richard Gunther to discuss the ongoing struggles of companies like Apple, Nest, Staples, and Samsung to penetrate the connected home.
That plus... selling fear in the tech press. Will TiVo's core business now become patent-trolling? And mount your Amazon Echo to the ceiling because, why not?
Thanks as always for listening! Enjoy the show? Please consider supporting our efforts by becoming a Patron.
- Flaws in Samsung’s ‘Smart’ Home Let Hackers Unlock Doors and Set Off Fire Alarms | Wired
- Rovi Agrees to Acquire DVR Pioneer TiVo in $1.1 Billion Deal | Bloomberg
- Zats Not Funny | Dave Zats
- Apple HomeKit
- Ecobee Thermostat
- Bad news, WeMo owners: Belkin puts HomeKit compatibility plans 'on hold' | AppAdvice
- Episode 91 - The Technology.fm Holiday Fireside Chat
- Apple WWDC 2016
- Nest’s Hub Shutdown Proves You’re Crazy to Buy Into the Internet of Things | Wired
- Theory of Diffusion of Innovations | Wikipedia
- Apple Nabs Nest's Former Head of Technology | Fortune
- Staples Connect
- SmartThings by Samsung
- Amazon Echo
- Amazon Echo Ceiling Mount
- Home: On Podcast