On this week's episode of HomeTech: Jason is in the market for a new WiFi system and he's been doing his research. Join us as we dissect the mesh WiFi landscape, discuss the different features you might consider if you're in the market, and directly compare some of today's top options including Eero, Google WiFI, Netgear's Orbi, Ubiquiti AmpliFi, and many more.
That plus the latest headlines including: LG's premium 2018 OLEDs hit the market at compelling price points. Spotify's IPO is official and they're seeking some serious cash. The voice assistant-powered display market gets another entrant with the Archos Hello. Apple continues to pillage Sony's ranks as part of their fledgling online video efforts. And the battle between Amazon and Google heats up, as always, at the expense of the consumer.
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Pic of the Week
- LG’s premium 2018 OLED TVs have lower starting prices than ever
- Spotify IPO now official, claims twice as many paid subscribers as Apple Music, seeking $1 billion
- There’s another Assistant-powered smart display — meet the Archos Hello
- Apple hires another Sony TV exec to boost its streaming efforts
- The battle between Amazon and Google escalates, this time around Nest
- Mesh WiFi Systems
- NetSpot: WiFi Site Survey Software for Mac OS X & Windows
- Affiliate Link: NetSpot PRO (for Mac) - One user. Business-friendly license
- Affiliate Link: NetSpot Home (for Windows) One user. One PC. Non-commercial use only
- Affiliate Link: NetSpot Home (for macOS) One User. Non-commercial use only.
- Affiliate Link: NetSpot Enterprise (macOS) 10 users, business-friendly license