On this week's episode of HomeTech: We catch up with Kris Gamble, founder of the UK-based Customised and creator of the now-legendary #LiveInstall hashtag. Never one to color inside the lines, Kris shares a number of updates surrounding his latest efforts to mix it up in the smart home. From a new-found focus on social media platforms beyond of his Twitter wheelhouse, to an installation marketing campaign aimed at disrupting traditional business models, Kris is living up to his reputation for charting new territory in the connected home business.
That plus... Thoughts on Vin Bruno's departure from CEDIA. A wrap-up of the biggest stories from Google IO. A tour of HomeKit's premier in the builder market. And a revolutionary new approach to smart home sensors that might just give us a glimpse of the future.
Fan of the podcast? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Vin Bruno Resigns as CEDIA President/CEO
- CEDIA Founding Member: Let’s Get Back to Luxury Roots, Stop Messing with DIY - CE Pro
- The 10 biggest announcements from Google I/O 2017 - The Verge
- Harman Kardon’s Invoke speaker is a Cortana-powered take on an Amazon Echo
- Roundup: Everything we currently know about Apple’s upcoming ‘Siri Speaker’
- We took a tour of one of the first Apple HomeKit homes [Video] | 9to5Mac
- Synthetic Sensors: Towards General-Purpose Sensing - YouTube
- A Sensor That Could Soon Make Homes Scary-Smart