In what has become a bit of a rare occurrence lately this week's show actually features both of your regular hosts. No interview guest, but plenty of interesting news and opinion pieces to discuss. First we provide a wrap-up of the CEPro Summit, an event recently attended by Jason. Focused primarily on the professional integrators in our audience, the conversation provides an interesting peek behind the curtain for end-users and enthusiasts as well.
Next up we discuss a few news stories including the announcement of UHD-enabled products from Just Add Power, an interesting hardware play by Google (and what it could really mean for the smart home), as well as a recent venture funding story with a few names you might just recognize.
We bring the episode to a conclusion with another must-hear discussion for the integrators in our audience. A number of columns have appeared recently in CEPro that got our attention. Submitted by a Joseph Kolchinsky, of OneVision Resources, the pieces focus on a handful of critical flaws that pervade many of our business models. These flaws lead to a lack of profitability and respect amongst our trade partners. Joseph's articles offer great insight as to how we can improve, in turn enabling us to provide a higher level of service to our clients. We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this important conversation so shoot us an email or drop us a line on twitter.
Thanks as always for listening and we will talk to you next week!
- CEPro Summit
- Just Add Power reveals Ultra HD over IP at 2015 CEPro/CI Summit Event
- JAP Tiling, 4K, Videowall, and non HDCP 2.2 on same system
- Ring News - Richard Branson's latest investment: Santa Monica company making video doorbells
- Google announces OnHub
- Mike Wolf: With OnHub, Google Just Fast-Tracked the Post Smart Home Hub Era
- CEPro: Death Knell Ringing for Manufacturers, Integrators Who Still ‘Don’t Get It’
- CEPro: No Respect: Why Custom Electronics is Rodney Dangerfield of Design/Build Sector