Production and recording schedules being what they are, this week we bring you just a small taste of what we've seen so far out of CES2016. The good news is that it didn't take long for the extravagant nature of the show to reveal itself. I mean, why wouldn't you need a 21.5" touchscreen on your refrigerator?
The so-called "Family Hub", announced by Samsung, is replete with cameras on the interior (viewable from an app of course). Maybe the tech press will finally stop speculating about the glorious day when, finally, our 'fridge can let us know when we're out of milk.
Far from the only story we cover this week, this episode also features other announcements out of Samsung, analysis of LG's late-to-the-party smart home strategy, and some pretty impressive new hardware from Dish. We hope you enjoy!
Thanks as always for listening! If you like what you hear please take a moment to leave us a review on iTunes. Be sure to tune in next week for a deeper dive into CES, including the first ever installment of the "HomeTech CES Awards"!
- Julie Jacobson's 102-page CES Guide
- Sky Q 4K Info
- Dish 4K Hopper 3 with 16 Tuners, Quad-View, HopperGo Mobile Drive
- South Park - Simpsons Did It
- Highlights of Samsung Press Conference at CES 2016
- Smarter Fridge Camera
- LG adds funky-looking hub to its SmartThinQ home automation system
- August 2015 - LG’s new smart sensor aims to turn dumb appliances into slightly smart ones
- WiFi HaLow