On this week's episode of HomeTech: We share our thoughts on the recently announced Sonos IPO, highlighting both the challenges and opportunities ahead for the one-time undisputed king of streaming audio in the home. That, plus the latest home tech headlines, including...
- BeON Home closes its doors
- Netflix kills user reviews, begins testing a higher-priced "Ultra" tier, and prepares to spend a whopping $13 billion on original content
- Samsung announces a new range of 8K TVs (no, that's not a typo)
- AirPlay2 is now available on Sonos
- And more...
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- YouTube TV goes down (again) during World Cup
- Smart Bulb Startup BeON Home Shuts Down
- Netflix will remove user reviews from its website next month
- Netflix tests 'Ultra' tier that could add a higher price option
- Netflix will actually spend as much as $13B on content this year, report says
- Samsung Announces Two New Ranges Of 8K TVs - And Discusses Future 8K TV Tech
- Sonos Speakers Finally Get the Airplay 2 Support We've Been Waiting For
- Sonos App controls no longer appear on your lock screen | Sonos Community
- Sonos' public filing shows the challenge of relying on Alexa
- Sonos Files $100 Million IPO; Plans More Direct-to-Consumer Sales
- Sonos files for $100M IPO as it seeks to stem losses in face of growing competition
- Pic of the Week - Laurent Baumann on Twitter
- Dune - The Pain Box