With the Holidays in full swing, and tech companies nose-down prepping for the Consumer Electronics Show, news on the home technology front was a bit sparse this week. No matter! We're still bringing you a pertinent, if slightly abbreviated, episode.
We start off with a brief chat about CES, making a few predictions about the madness about to descend on Las Vegas. Our conversation rounds out with a discussion about Control4's new consumer finance offering, and analysis of CEDIA's recent "State of the Association" webinar.
We want to take a quick moment to thank you for a great 2016! It's been a pleasure to share our thoughts with you all year, and we appreciate your listenership tremendously!
We'll talk to you next week (err... year)!
- Vera Lite
- CES 2016 - January 6-9
- Control4 Announces New Consumer Financing Options to Its US Dealer Network
- C4 Dealers can sign up in Jan 2016
- Financing not limited to C4 projects but could fund the whole job
- Not necessarily an effort to increase the bottom line but a "dealer lubricant" to help speed up the sales cycle
- GreenSky financial services
- Bills themselves as a "Home Improvement Financing" company
- Limits up to $55,000
- From Press Release: "As smart home technology has increasingly become a part of the infrastructure of a home..."
- CEDIA 2015 State of the Association Video
- Vin Bruno - CEDIA has more "swagger"
- Coldwell banker says a home w/ automation more valuable by 18%
- Requirements in England that to quote you must be a CEDIA member
- City & Guilds Accreditation in the UK - "Government Accepted" Training body
- Bigger emphasis on marketing certifications ESC-T,D,N
- AV Shop Talk Podcast - Prepping For CTS-D
- Phillip "HiPhi" Cordell - Fully Automated