Whether you are an end user, DIY enthusiast, or smart home professional, the CEDIA EXPO in Denver is a show worth getting excited about! The HomeTech team will be in attendance at this years show. We thought we would take an opportunity in this episode to let you know what we will be looking for at the EXPO.
Between CEDIA sponsored courses, manufacturer trainings, the show floor, and countless networking / social events, EXPO is nothing if not an insanely busy 4 days! As anyone who has attended the show can attest, it's important to have a game plan heading into the event. Join us as we discuss our plan of attack, and make some (bold?) predictions about what we expect to see from key manufacturers like Crestron, Control4, Savant, Sonos, and more.
We also took a few minutes in this episode to discuss an upcoming announcement by Apple. For better or worse, the CEDIA EXPO falls right on the heels of a highly anticipated Apple event. We make some predictions about what Apple will be unveiling, and discuss how their event may, or may not, cast a shadow over coverage of announcements made at CEDIA 2014.
- People already camping out at Apple 5th Ave. Store
- Sonos Announces WiFi streaming on all speakers
- Crestron Pyng Teaser
- KKR Buys $90M Stake in Savant Home Automation, Valuing Co. at $215M
- URC now available on SnapAV
- Deezer (coming soon to US)
- Deezer Wikipedia article
- OKIDOKEYS - Smart Locks with Smart Keys
- Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller
- Playtabase (Reemo) Gesture based control system