On this week's episode of HomeTech:
- In light of their pending IPO, Sonos decides to bury the hatchet with HEOS,,, and lay off 96 employees
- Insurance companies are hot under the collar for the smart home
- Comcast gets in the mesh WiFi game
- Someone is kickstarting smart Tupperware (as if you needed it)
- A nifty new app to scan for BlueTooth signal strength
- Amazon is quietly taking over the subscription video sales business
- Best Buy's new "Total Tech Support" offering might be perfect for your parents.
- And much more...
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Sonos, Sound United Settle Lawsuits on Denon HEOS
- Apple HomePod competitor Sonos lays off 96 employees ahead of expected IPO
- Insurance Meets Smart Home at Connections 2018: IoT Sensors, Data, Warranties, More
- Comcast moves forward with national rollout of mesh Wi-Fi system
- Plume WiFi Systems
- Novel Effect raises $3M from Amazon and VCs for voice-enabled children’s storytelling app
- This smart Tupperware connects to Alexa and warns you when food is about to go bad
- New Amazon Channels Data Shows Why Apple Wants to Copy It
- Best Buy offers unlimited Geek Squad support for $200 a year
- Total Tech Support Powered by Geek Squad - Best Buy
- Flipper Universal Remote