On this week's episode of HomeTech: Settling the all-important "Laurel vs Yanni" debate. Plus...
- More hints emerge about Apple's video subscription plans
- A new standard to make mesh WiFi systems play nice with each other. Will it work?
- Yelp is for smart homes, not just for restaurants
- Several major updates from DirecTV Now
- Rumors that Microsoft will build their own Cortana smart speaker
- Xiaomi unveils Google Assistant support
- Your ex might be watching your Ring doorbell feed
- Amazon rolls out "experience centers" in Lennar model homes
- TiVo exits the hardware business
- Puls wants to hang your next TV for dirt cheap
- And more...
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- What do you guys hear? - Reddit
- Yanny or Laurel? The science behind the audio version of The Dress
- Apple Plans to Sell Video Subscriptions Through TV App
- A new Wi-Fi standard could let different mesh routers work together
- Blanket your house in Wi-Fi for $100
- Tenda Nova MW6(2-pack) Whole Home Mesh WiFi System Coverage up to 4,000 sq. ft, 2-4 bedrooms, Plug and Play, Works with Alexa,Parental Controls,2 Gigabit Ports/Unit
- Smart home automation is now one of Yelp’s fastest-growing categories
- DirecTV Now Rolls Out Massive Update - Including Free DVR Support
- Microsoft working on own Cortana smart speaker, to rival Amazon, Google and Apple
- Xiaomi announces Google Assistant support for smart home devices ahead of US launch
- Ring is promising to do better, and urges folks not to share login details
- Amazon Introduces Smart-Home ‘Experience Centers’
- Onkyo’s receivers will work with Sonos, thanks to upcoming June firmware update
- TiVo Exiting the Box-Making Business
- France’s Canal+ now offering Apple TV as a cable box replacement
- Puls is Building a Repair Technician Workforce, Uber-Style