On this week's episode of HomeTech: We are joined by Keith Watson for a very special installment of the projects project. Keith, who is blind as a result of retinitis pigmentosa, shares his unique perspective on the smart home. From the challenges he has faced to the ways that technology assists him with his day-to-day life, Keith's resourcefulness and ingenuity will serve as an inspiration to anyone with a passion for home technology.
- Facebook decides now is probably not the best time to release a connected speaker
- Amazon expands Alexa's video API to control DVRs
- Alexa routines can now launch music and podcasts
- A new and compelling hardware offering from Tablo
- A big AI hire for Apple
- Google hints at plans for their own smart display device a la the Echo Show
- Lutron and SnapAV partner up
- Oppo exits the BluRay business
- and more...
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Why is a data connection necessary for setting up my eero network?
- Facebook Delays Home-Speaker Unveil Amid Data Crisis
- Amazon’s Alexa can now set DVR recordings
- Alexa Routines can now include music and podcasts
- Tablo Slashes OTA DVR Pricing & Betas Cloud Storage
- Apple hires Google’s former AI boss to help improve Siri
- Google Executive Hints at Plans for Company’s Own Smart Display Device
- EXCLUSIVE: Lutron, SnapAV Team Up to Help Dealers Sell More Lighting Control
- Oppo Digital to End Production of DVD and Blu-ray Players, Promises Updates ‘from Time to Time’
- Facts About Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Home Assistant
- WeMo Maker
- Keyboard Maestro 8.2: Work Faster with Macros for macOS
- Pic of the Week