On this week's episode of HomeTech:
- Siri's journey has never been a smooth one.
- Alexa might be getting a little less wordy.
- Nest launches a remote temp sensor.
- Is Spotify inching closer to the smart-speaker game?
- A new and improved Rachio.
- IBM's Watson takes aim at the smart home.
- More proof, if you needed it, that changing your passwords is a good thing.
- And more...
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Sneaky Pete - Season 1 | Amazon
- Sneaky Pete - Season 2 | Amazon
- The Polka King | Netflix Official Site
- Bernie | Netflix
- Amazon appears to be testing a new 'Brief Mode' which reduces Alexa's superfluous verbal responses
- Nest launches $39 temperature sensor and is now shipping video doorbell and smart lock
- Spotify tests native voice search, groundwork for smart speakers
- This internet-connected sprinkler system now has faster Wi-Fi
- Look out, Alexa and Google Assistant - Watson Assistant is coming for you
- Off-the-shelf smart home devices are a lot less safe than you think, report says
- Report: Siri team didn't learn about HomePod until 2015, after Amazon Echo debuted
- Pic of the Week: Finally rack-mounted my A/V and home automation devices. • r/homeautomation