On this week's episode of HomeTech: Seth and Jason discuss a big week in smart home news including: Silicon Labs' acquisition of Z-Wave tech from Sigma Designs falls apart but does it really matter? Ring and ADT bury the hatchet. Some major features will be missing when Apple HomePod finally begins shipping on February 9. The death of Sonos UPnP integrations. And more...
Fan of the show? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Pic of the Week - "Alexa, turn off Alexa."
- Sigma Acquisition Collapses, but Silicon Labs Could Buy Z-Wave Assets for Cheap - CE Pro
- Ring Settles with ADT in Zonoff Lawsuit, Acquires Lighting Co., Plans Spring Launch of Ring Alarm - CE Pro
- HomePod arrives February 9, available to order this Friday - Apple
- HomePod settings interface, volume controls, more shown off in new images from internal testers | 9to5Mac
- HomePod will support lossless FLAC audio playback as it appeals to audiophiles | 9to5Mac
- Apple's HomePod won't have multi-room or stereo audio at launch
- New Sonos API Disrupts Home Automation Integration, But Lays Solid Foundation - CE Pro