On this week's episode of HomeTech: We are joined by Josh Christian, Director of Certification at the Home Technology Association. The HTA is a new initiative aimed at helping homeowners, as well as design and building professionals, find a qualified and vetted home technology firm for their project.
Given the lack of any real barriers to entry, many unqualified companies have given the home technology profession more than its share of black eyes. This, at the expense of consumers who have previously lacked an easy way to separate the wheat from the chaff. Josh gives us the rundown on what HTA is doing to solve this problem and raise the bar for consumers and home tech pros alike.
That plus... Honeywell getting in on the DIY security fun. TiVo's introduces a new voice-control enabled lineup as well as a their new "Hydra" UI. And more...
Fan of the podcast? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Early Television Museum - Kuba Komet
- TJ's Album
- Watch the Complicated Smart Home of the 1980s in Action
- Honeywell announces a DIY security system with Alexa integration - The Verge
- Honeywell Smart Home Security System | Indiegogo
- New $199 TiVo BOLT VOX Offers Voice-Control Search - CE Pro
- The TiVo Hydra Heads Up | Zatz Not Funny!
- New TiVo Hydra Interface In Action - YouTube
- Interview: Home Technology Association