On this week's episode of HomeTech: No need to knock, Amazon, just c'mon in. What the August acquisition could mean for the smart lock market. Wink jumps on the DIY home security bandwagon. Microsoft looks to stay in the smart home conversation with a Cortana/Insteon partnership. Don't mess with Lutron's patent attorneys. Smart home adoption is up, but the market is more confusing than ever... or is it?? And much more...
Fan of the podcast? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Pic of the Week: Clever Hack to get garage door sensor
- Amazon Key and Cloud Cam move tech giant into home security, rivaling Google’s Nest and others – GeekWire
- VIDEO: Amazon Key
- Amazon Cloud Cam Indoor Security Camera, works with Alexa
- Amazon Key is a new service that lets couriers unlock your front door - The Verge
- This $20 security camera is aiming for the Nest Cam’s throne | TechCrunch
- Smart lock company August Home purchased by actual lock company Yale
- ASSA Abloy Acquires August To Revolutionize Smart Locking
- Wink Throws Hat in Ring For DIY Home Security System Supremacy - Security Sales & Integration
- Amazon Echo (Gen 2) Review: Looks Better, Sounds Worse
- Insteon is working with Microsoft Cortana to make your home even smarter
- Google releases new family-friendly features for its digital assistant as it battles Amazon’s Alexa – GeekWire
- Amazon introduces Echo Buttons for at-home trivia games using Alexa | TechCrunch
- Lutron Sues Legrand, QMotion over Multiple Lighting and Shade-Control Patents - CE Pro
- Smart Home Device Ownership Up in the U.S.
- Great News for Pros: Home Automation is More Confusing than Ever - CE Pro