On this week's super-sized episode of HomeTech: In another installment of the "Projects Project", we welcome Nathaniel Gori to the show to discuss his unique smart home install. Figuring out a technology plan in a 100-year old home presented Nathaniel with more than his share of challenges. But, with good planning, thorough research, a bit of elbow grease, he was able to install a system that fits his needs and leaves room for expansion. Perhaps most importantly, his system also meets the requisite WAF. Tune in to hear all about Nathaniel's project. If you're interested in having your home technology project featured on the show, head on over to home.fm/projects and let us know about it!
That plus... Heading to CEDIA? We discuss some can't miss events — HomeTech's Happy Hour and OneVision's Service Workshops. A botched firmware update bricks a line of smart locks. Did Z-Wave's site just leak info on a new controller from Control4, the CA-1? Ikea poised for smart home domination. Pay TV providers register their largest subscribers losses ever! And much, much more...
Fan of the podcast? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Projects Project
- OneVision Workshops at CEDIA
- HomeTech Happy Hour CEDIA 2017
- Ouch! Bad OTA update bricks some smartlocks.
- FAKE OUT! - Ikea still on track to make its smart bulbs compatible with Google Home, Alexa, and HomeKit in the fall - The Verge
- Ikea's Home Smart Line Could Shake Up the Smart Home Industry | WIRED
- Z-Wave Product Catalog
- Cable and satellite companies registered their worst subscriber losses ever — Quartz
- Seeso postmortem: Stop treating OTT like linear TV, analyst says | FierceCable
- Hulu Live adds 12 more CBS stations, up to 115 | FierceCable
- Walmart’s Vudu video streaming service is coming to Apple TV on August 22nd - The Verge
- Smart Home DB - The Smart Home Database