On this week’s episode of HomeTech: BlueTooth mesh is finally a reality, but what will it mean for the smart home? Thoughts on the URC’s substantial new update — Total Control 2.0. OpenHAB now integrates with IKEA TRÅFRI smart lighting, as well as connected lawn mowers (lawnmowers??). Loxone has nifty looking new weather station. New and improved Alexa integrations from Savant and Logitech, respectively. Important details emerge about Lennar’s Amazon-powered smart home strategy. And much more...
Fan of the podcast? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Pic of the Week - Hoverbird
- Bluetooth LE adds mesh networking to improve home/building automation, lighting & other IoT devices | 9to5Mac
- Mesh networking comes to Bluetooth, which could set off a new wave of smart buildings – GeekWire
- Exclusive: URC Total Control 2.0 is Complete Overhaul of Flagship Home Automation System - CE Pro
- openHAB 2.1 Release
- Home: On #090 – Home Smart, with Björn Block
- Luxone Weather Station - Measure & forecast accurate weather data
- Logitech just made it easier to manage your Harmony-controlled smart home with Alexa - The Verge
- Savant Introduces Skill For Amazon Alexa | ResidentialSystems.com
- GAFA Follow Up: Lennar’s New Home-Automation Paradigm: Embracing Amazon Smart Home Services
- 'Devil's Ivy' Vulnerability Could Afflict Millions of Internet-Connected Cameras and Card Readers | WIRED