On this week's episode of HomeTech: Seth and Jason indulge in some Apple HomePod speculation. Japan's answer the Echo comes in Chicken or Bear. Lennar and Toll Brothers get hands-on with the smart home. New hardware from Ring. Vivint kicks open the door to the smart-home-for-renters market. Zigbee PRO 2017 - don't call it a comeback. And Insteon acquired, but where will it lead?
Fan of the podcast? Want to support our efforts? Please consider becoming a Patron!
- Observation: Sphero needs to make a smart hub - Spiderman meets Echo
- Japan’s answer to the Amazon Echo comes in ‘bear’ or ‘chicken
- Amazon surpassed Sonos to become leader in Wi-Fi speaker sales ahead of Apple’s HomePod
- Wi-Fi Certified Smart Home Designs Offered by Lennar Homes: Assurance of Strong, Reliable Home Wi-Fi - Electronic House
- Toll Brothers Builds Smart Home Appeal in New Construction Market
- Smart home startup Kirio’s first product works with pretty much any device, including the kitchen sink
- Ring announces second-generation video doorbell, available today
- Nest is considering Apple HomeKit as iOS 11 makes supporting existing products easier
- Vivint Launches Smart Home Platform for Rental Properties
- ZigBee PRO 2017 Spec Operates in Simultaneous Multi-Band Mesh Networks - CE Pro
- Seattle startup vet Rob Lilleness acquires Smartlabs, investing $7.3M in the home automation company